"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed... Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are acheiving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

-2 Corinthians 4: 7-9, 16-18

Thursday, February 2, 2012

There's no time like the present!

So I've decided to start a blog... I feel like I'm not one of those types who is really creative in writing, or will have a ton of readers, but the whirlwind that started almost four years ago when I discovered the love of a lifetime has flown by, and I have little documented to show for it but a marriage certificate, a pregnancy journal and a bunch of photos archived on a memory stick (they're not even printed!)...

I think it's important to document our journey as a family and that a blog is an appropriate place to do so because...

1.  This is not our home.  God's Word makes it clear that this is just a temporary resting place (Philippians 3:20).  Whether He decides to take me today or 50+ years from now, He has done mighty things in my life over the last 6 years that I've had a relationship with Him and my desire is for His glory to be displayed through my story and His plan for my life.

2.  I want my children to know me.  I want my children to know how I felt about them their entire lives, what we experienced together, how much a adore their father, and what I have learned through being a mother, wife, friend, and part of two amazing families.

3.  There's no time like the present!  Maddy will be two in a few short months and there are so many stories, memories and moments that went uncaptured.  No more!  Also, we have recently moved to South Carolina, purchased a new home, and found out we're expecting baby #2!  Although I wish I had started this years ago, I'm glad I have the opportunity to do so now...

4.  I have learned so much from other's blogs.  One of the most destructive lies of the enemy is that whatever we're going through we are going through alone, but my prayer is that through my transparency and sharing in joys and struggles is that others would know that everyone has them... a blog is also a nice place to document these things considering I can type much faster than I can write and I don't get cramps in my hands! :o)

5.  We want our friends and family to know what's going on.  Moving away from my family essentially 10 years ago when I entered college, and away from Ben's family over a year ago when we got laid off from our jobs has placed a distance between us... a physical distance, and although it's tough that there's any distance at all, if there must be one I want it to be limited to only physical... I want our friends and family to still feel connected to us, that they can check into our blog anytime they want the latest.  We have lots of friends and family not in our time zone (or even in our country!), on opposite schedules, or other factors which make it tough to stay updated.

So anyway, here goes nothin'!...  Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful for all family blogs! Maybe you will inspire me to document our comings and goings:) Excited to read more about you precious family!! ~Marce

    ReplyDelete